PDA

View Full Version : Lio Rush On Why WWE Ended His Pairing With Bobby Lashley

Kemo
05-16-2020, 10:49 PM
Lio Rush was paired with Bobby Lashley upon his arrival on the main roster and this pairing was beginning to create buzz but the company decided to end the partnership abruptly.

During a recent interview with Inside The Ropes the now-former WWE star talked about things like his relationship with Paul Heyman, reports about his backstage heat and more.

Explaining the reasoning behind WWE’s decision to end his team with Lashley, Rush said that the biggest reason for it were his issues with WWE management over his pay:

“As far as the split with me and Bobby, I know that there was some miscommunication and frustration and just me butting heads with the powers that be financially, that was my biggest thing at the time.

It’s not just me out here. I’ve got a wife, I’ve got two kids, I have other responsibilities that I have to take care of. I just felt that it was unfair in that sense, and I guess they didn’t like a 25 year old or a 24 year old, however old I was at the time, they didn’t like me being so outspoken about that so they just cut it.”

Rush also explained that he had to tour with the then Intercontinental Champion Bobby Lashley everywhere he went and the expenses were not sustainable because he was still being paid the same amount when he was in NXT.

Lio Rush was among the dozens of stars which were released by WWE and during a recent interview, he revealed some surprising details about how he learned about his firing.