PDA

View Full Version : Lio Rush On His Relationship With Triple H In WWE

Kemo
05-17-2020, 12:01 AM
During his WWE stint, Lio Rush made more headlines with reports of his relationship and disagreements with the WWE management than he did with his performance in the ring.

The recently released star spoke to SportsKeeda on the matter and he talked about things like his firing from the company, his interactions with Vince McMahon and more.

Discussing his relationship with the godfather of NXT Triple H, Rush claimed that he doesn’t really know if he ended things on good terms with the Game:

“Triple H… I don’t know if it ended on good terms or not because I feel like me and Hunter, we clashed heads a lot. We were always in disagreement as far as what the plan was for me and how he saw me as a character or how he saw me as an asset to the brand.”

Lio Rush continued by explaining that he felt like they were always disagreeing on the things and it was bad because he looked up to the King Of Kings when he was a kid:

“I feel like we were just always disagreeing all the time and it sucked because obviously I looked up to Triple H when I was a kid [but] at the same time, I’m an employee of his and he is my boss.

So it was hard for me to separate the two and it was kind of disappointing every time I had a conversation with him – but the lack of communication leading up to the initial release was with Hunter.”

Lio Rush has been outspoken about his time in WWE since he was released from the company in April alongside other stars such as Kurt Angle and Rusev.

He had revealed how he found out about his firing and during a new interview, he explained the reasoning behind the company’s decision to abruptly end his pairing with Bobby Lashley.