PDA

View Full Version : D-Von Dudley Announces Retirement From Active Competition

Kemo
05-17-2020, 12:02 AM
After his three-decades-long illustrated career in the wrestling business, Attitude Era star D-Von Dudley has finally decided to hang his boots and he has announced his retirement from active competition. The former champion made the announcement on the latest episode of his Table Talk podcast.

He first noted that he was a little frustrated on not being able to wrestle for one more year as he wanted. However, Dudley continued by saying that he is extremely happy being a producer now and while he may do occasional appearances; he is done with wrestling:

“Even though I was a little frustrated about not continuing to wrestle for that one more year that I wanted, I’m extremely happy now being a producer and not wrestling. I have officially hung it up, I’m done. Except for different appearances that they may want me to do on the show, but no more wrestling.

No more fighting for the titles. None of that anymore. I’m done. I’m officially done.” said D-Von Dudley. “I’ve had my fifteen minutes of fame and it was a good ride. It really was. The old-timers used to tell me don’t blink, because when you do it’s over. It goes that fast. And it did feel like it went really, really fast.”

The wrestling veteran started training in 1991 and made his debut in 1992. He first made his name when he joined the original ECW in 1996 where he also met his partner Bubba Ray Dudley. Both the stars left the company in 1999 to join WWE. Their battles with the Hardy Boys and Edge and Christian during the time are now part of the history.

D-Von Dudley had a lengthy stint with TNA from 2005 to 2014 as well and he won multiple titles during his time in the company. He returned to WWE in 2015 and the former Champion has been working as a producer for the company since 2016.

SAQo3YflZh4