PDA

View Full Version : Otis On Cinematic Matches And Working With Mandy Rose

Kemo
05-17-2020, 12:08 AM
Otis won the most unique men’s Money in the Bank match in history last Sunday. As AJ Styles and King Corbin fought over the briefcase atop the ladder, it fell from both their hands and into Otis’. The win not only means a future title shot for him but a potential move up the card to main event status.

Otis recently took part in an interview with Between the Ropes, and spoke about WWE’s use of cinematic matches since fans have been prevented from attending live events.

“I think everything happens for a reason. That’s a very strong quote that I live by,” Otis said. “That Boneyard match, I mean, I just felt like I was watching a cool thriller action movie, like big thumbs up to everybody that worked on that. The Firefly match, our Money the Bank match.”

Otis continued to talk about how the pandemic helped open the door for WWE to run with these creative match types.

“If this pandemic didn’t, unfortunately, pan out, I don’t know if you would have thought of that Boneyard match or thought of that awesome Firefly Funhouse match. I think we could definitely be in the norm here though.”

Otis faced Dolph Ziggler in single’s competition at WrestleMania 36. Not only did he win the match but he also celebrated after with his new storyline girlfriend Mandy Rose. Otis also commented on what its like working with Rose during the interview.

“Everybody asks how’s Mandy behind the curtain. She’s awesome, man. Some may be surprised being but being that beautiful and being that humble at the same time, it’s awesome, man. The hardest part of the storyline is making sure she doesn’t laugh or I don’t laugh at certain things in the backstage segments but it’s fun.”