PDA

View Full Version : Mark Henry Threatens Legal Action Against Lio Rush

Kemo
05-18-2020, 08:41 PM
Mark Henry took part in an interview with TMZ Sports recently and addressed recent comments made by Lio Rush. Rush was released from WWE last month and has since taken shots at Henry for comments Henry made about him last year.

Henry took issue with Lio Rush not being honest with him about having backstage heat while he was on the main roster in 2019. Henry talked about this on Busted Open Radio. Then recently Rush took a few shots at Henry in regards to this.

In particular, Henry has taken issue with the below Tweet Rush sent out a few days ago:

And this is why African American talent on the biggest platform will continue to not have equal opportunity because people like you constantly tear your own people down. A damn shame honestly.

— ? Ever After OUT NOW! (@itsLioRush) May 14, 2020

Henry noted to TMZ that he has helped bring in many wrestlers of color to the WWE Performance Center.

“If you go down to the performance center at NXT, probably 25 I think, people of color in the facility, probably about 80 plus percent of them I helped get them there,” Mark Henry said to TMZ. “I mean, it’s completely opposite.”

“And, you can’t question my blackness. Like nobody can question my blackness, pull my black card. No, not allowed. Nobody,” Henry continued.

He then made reference to having Ivy League lawyers and considering legal action for slander.

“For him to go there was absolutely was the worst thing he could have possibly done. It’s one of those things if I take legal action for slander then… I’m not sure yet.”

“My lawyer went to Harvard. I don’t know what kinda lawyers he’s dealing with, but I got those Ivy League people around me, and they’re pissed!”

Henry’s comments can be heard in the player below:

W4olzGrTNOk

Rush has since responded to Mark Henry’s comments to TMZ.

Couldn’t i just do the same for publicly de framing my name on national radio? @TheMarkHenry come on man, your going out sad. You deserve to be remembered for the greatest heel turn ever, not for threatening to sue a 25 yr old in the middle of a pandemic.

— ? Ever After OUT NOW! (@itsLioRush) May 17, 2020

That god damn auto correct. Silly me. Listen MARK…. you went on your “Worldwide” podcast with your 1.3 million followers and called me a liar DEFAMING my name. It’s clear that your chasing clout hear. You told on yourself in that TMZ video. This is sad. Real sad. BIG SAD.

One more thing if you don’t mind @TheMarkHenry , good for you for getting that 80% hired. I wasn’t one of them though, so i owe you NOTHING. You weren’t signing my checks, nor did I work for you. I DONT EVEN KNOW YOU. Stop being weird. I was taught not to talk to strangers.