PDA

View Full Version : Natalya Comments On Becky Lynch Becoming “The Mom”

Kemo
05-18-2020, 09:01 PM
Last week on WWE RAW, Becky Lynch shocked the wrestling world by announcing she is pregnant. Lynch had been the RAW Women’s Champion dating back to WrestleMania 35 when she pinned Ronda Rousey in the main event. Now, she’ll be gone for an extended period of time.

Natalya recently commented on Becky Lynch’s pregnancy in an article for the Calgary Sun.

“It took me a minute to digest what I was hearing; Becky Lynch would be no longer be sharing a locker room with us, but she would be taking on this new role of motherhood during the height of her career,” Natalya wrote. “I knew in that moment that I was truly going to miss seeing someone who wasn’t just a coworker, but a friend to me and so many others in WWE.”

Natalya also noted in the article that their shared history goes back before either was in WWE.

“Becky and I shared our first tour of Japan together in 2005 when we were both just getting started,” Natalya continued. “She knew what it was like to be an underdog, which was ultimately what helped turn her into one of the biggest stars in WWE.”

Lynch and Natalya wrestled each other at SummerSlam last year in a submission match. In her article, Natalya noted that they drew inspiration from the Bret Hart vs Steve Austin WrestleMania 13 submission match for their SummerSlam tilt.

“I told Becky that one of my favourite matches of all time was Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin from WrestleMania 13,” Natalya continued. “Turns out we both found inspiration in Austin vs. The Hitman, and we both studied that match closely before our SummerSlam match. “

Natalya continued to say her match against Lynch was her favourite submission match of her career and that it set the bar high for the women’s revolution.

“Not only did we tear the house down in what was my favorite submission match I’ve been in, but we also felt proud that together we were setting the bar high for the Raw women’s division.”