PDA

View Full Version : The Rock On Why He Retired From Wrestling In 2004

Kemo
05-20-2020, 02:51 PM
The Rock was at the height of his wrestling career when he decided to leave the business behind and pursue a full time acting career in 2004.

The former World Champion recently held a Q&A from his Instagram account where he answered questions related to his WWE career among other things.

When a fan asked the Great One why he decided to retire from wrestling at the age of 32, The Rock said that there were two reasons why he made the call:

“I retired in from the WWE in 2004 at the age of 32, and at that time, well here’s the why. Why I retired was two reasons. 1) My contract had expired and 2) Which is the most important thing, an agreement that I have with anybody in the world.

Any company, any individual, it’s always important to me, to shake that person’s hand and look them in the eye. In 2004 when my contract expired, I had delivered on my agreement with the WWE” said The Rock. ”And with my long-time mentor and very, very good friend Vince McMahon. We shook hands, that’s the way we are.”

The People’s Champion started his career when he was 25 and ended his run 7 years later, at the age of 32. The former WWE star said that 7 is a very important number to him and he claimed that he wanted to retire when he was at the top.

Apart from this, The Rock also talked about his WWE return in 2011 and what it meant to wrestle John Cena at WrestleMania XXVIII in his hometown of Miami.

2S3rXojCzi4