PDA

View Full Version : Heath Slater On Crown Jewel Travel Woes: “I Still Don’t Know The Truth”

Kemo
05-26-2020, 11:59 AM
The Crown Jewel travel woes made a lot of headlines last year and recently released WWE star Heath Slater was one of the stars who was stuck in the country after the show while rumors about their situation ran rampant.

The former champion recently had an interview with WrestlingInc where he talked about a number of things and also discussed their controversial trip to Saudi Arabia.

Slater said that it’s one of those things where you know something’s up but you don’t know what it is. He then added that he still doesn’t know the truth about the situation:

“It’s one of those things where you are there and you know something’s up but you don’t know what’s up, but we all got out okay. I still don’t know the truth. I heard there were mechanical reasons and it was this and it was that.

When I was on the plane, I fell asleep for five hours and when I woke up,” recalled Heath Slater “I looked over at Hawkins. I’m like, ‘Where are we at’ and he says we haven’t even left yet. ‘That’s when I was like, ‘What the heck?’

The former Nexus member recalled how they got off the plane after this and went over to the hotel. They got back on the plane after some wait and it finally left the country.

WWE held the Crown Jewel PPV in Saudi Arabia on October 2019. After the show, it was reported that a charter flight carrying most of the WWE roster including Slater and many other stars had been delayed.

This delay caused many rumors including one claiming that there was animosity between WWE and Saudi Arabia because the Kingdom had failed to pay the promotion for their previous shows but this was never proven.