PDA

View Full Version : Triple H Discusses NXT Stars Having Hard Time With Empty Arena Shows

Kemo
06-08-2020, 06:17 PM
Triple H spoke with CBS Sports for a new interview to promote the NXT TakeOver: In Your House special.

During the interview, he talked about the difficulties for those in NXT with having to wrestle in the empty Performance Center during the COVID-19 pandemic. It should be noted that a few weeks ago, WWE decided to have Performance Center recruits work as fans in the crowd.

Triple H started out by talking about how he’s very proud of the product that they’ve continued to put out. He noted how NXT had to drift along on the tail of RAW and SmackDown in regards to move as they were the last in the three-show order. He noted how there were a lot of times that they were scrambling to pick up the chains last and move with it.

He stated that it was difficult to do but thinks the talent has done a remarkable job.

“I read a quote the other day where a talent said everybody hates doing these empty-arena shows. Of course, they do. No one wants to wrestle in an empty arena. No one wants to get COVID either. “These empty-arena shows are what they are.”

He continued by stating that WWE feels like it’s really important right now in the world for people to be entertained while also doing everything they can from a safety standpoint and following guidelines to continue putting on a product.

“It’s a different product and it’s hard for talent, especially in NXT where some of the talent are younger and newer.

I can’t even imagine if I’d only been in the business for a couple of years and I’m just starting to get used to having a lot of fans at the shows and now they take all the fans away. I’m expected to do the matches still and put one-hundred percent into everything else. It’d be really hard. It’s a tough thing.”

He stated that everything they do goes back to being taught to listen to the reactions from fans and react to it. He stated that you can guide them from there but now, there’s nothing to guide you.

He called it really tough but understands that this isn’t going to last forever. He noted that he’s a big believer the talent will rise to the top, the cream will rise to the top. He added that if they continue to put out great shows, people will continue to watch.