PDA

View Full Version : Kris Statlander On How She Became An Alien

Kemo
06-12-2020, 12:00 PM
Kris Statlander is currently ranked #2 in the AEW Women’s division rankings. She was this week’s guest on the AEW Unrestricted Podcast with Tony Schiavone and Aubrey Edwards. Amongst other topics, Statlander talked about how she became the “Galaxy’s Greatest Alien.”

“When I first started wrestling, I went by the name Liza Viero,” she said on the show.

“I was getting work and I was able to do stuff, it just wasn’t really like a character that was good.”

She continued to talk about how the alien gimmick is a bit of a play on how others have perceived her throughout her life.

“I’m a little bit weirder than people realize,” she continued. “I know I’m a little bit weirder and I never really fit in with any specific group of people. When I was in school, high school and everything, it was kind of like no one really wants to get to know you until they do start to get to know you and then they realize you’re so interesting and you have so much more to offer than what you just lead people to believe.”

“In a way, it’s almost like you feel alienated from everybody and I know that’s a weird play on words.”

“No one wants to believe aliens are real until somebody can prove something about it. No one cares to look into it more until there are facts to be known or things to research.”

“I kind of feel like in a weird way it’s a weird play on how I’ve always been perceived in life. No one really cared to get to know me until I had something interesting to say or I had something to offer that interests them and that’s kind of like what aliens are in a way. So, I was just kind of like ‘why not just play up how odd I am?”