PDA

View Full Version : Randy Orton On Austin Theory Asking Permission To Use Move Similar To RKO

Kemo
06-13-2020, 10:18 PM
It’s a long-standing tradition in wrestling for younger stars to ask permission from a veteran if they want to use any of their signature moves and Randy Orton recently revealed the story of one such interaction with a former NXT star.

The former World Champion was the guest on the latest episode of After The Bell podcast and the company recently posted a clip of his interview on YouTube.

In the clip, Orton recalled a recent trip to WWE Performance Center. He revealed how Austin Theory came to him seeking permission to use a move similar to RKO and explained that he was taken aback by this gesture:

“I was down in the PC and Austin Theory comes up to me to shake my hand. I could tell he was new, he was young and he was trying to not say the wrong thing. But he asked me, he goes, ‘Hey I want to start doing this move and it ends up in a similar position, kind of like a cutter.’

I was so taken aback that this kid took the time and had the respect and the wherewithal to ask me if it was OK with me for him to do that.” said Orton “Before I could even think about what the right answer should be, I said, ‘Yes! Oh my god! Are you kidding me?’ He came to me and he asked me. I don’t know if that’s ever happened,”

Austin Theory has since been called up to the main roster and he recently joined Seth Rollins’ faction after being kicked out of the team of Andrade and Angel Garza.

Randy Orton is currently scheduled to face Edge in a one on one match at Backlash and he is not ruling out the possibility of a match with Tommaso Ciampa afterwards.

ga8zj0KeQAc