PDA

View Full Version : Shayna Baszler – “The First Round Is The Walk To The Ring”

Kemo
06-13-2020, 10:24 PM
WWE Superstar Shayna Baszler recently appeared on WWE’s The Bump. The former NXT Women’s Champion appeared on the WWE Network show to discuss a number of topics from her recent career with the company.

One of the points raised was Shayna Baszler’s mental approach when walking to the wrestling ring and previously the MMA cage.

“When I was fighting in MMA? The first round is the walk to the ring” Shayna Baszler began on the show. “And that’s when all the self talk starts. It’s funny, because I was on a reality show; and they sat me down in a setting, much like this and they’re like, ‘so tell us what’s going through your mind as you make that walk?’ That’s where all the self talk is.”

Shayna Baszler elaborated further, saying “it’s like, ‘I’ve worked so much harder for this, she doesn’t deserve this.’ That’s where you have to be, you have to have that mentality. And when you verbalise that to people that have never made that walk? It sounds arrogant, but the truth of the matter is if you want to achieve the things that have been achieved by people that have made that walk? You have to have that mentality.”

Shayna Baszler then talked about the backlash she and her Four Horsewomen of MMA partner Ronda Rousey received when talking about the mentality. “I got that backlash for verbalizing what goes on in my head. Ronda also got that backlash for verbalizing what goes on as well.”