PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Michaels Shares Original Retirement Plans

Kemo
06-16-2020, 04:03 PM
Shawn Michaels looked back on his retirement from pro wrestling while doing an interview with Bleacher Report.

The former WWE Champion retired following a second straight loss to The Undertaker back in 2010 at WrestleMania 26.

It turns out that the original plan for his retirement wouldn’t have happened at WrestleMania. Instead, they had an idea to do something similar to what many pro athletes like Kobe Bryant and Derek Jeter have had done.

Michaels would’ve had a final match in major cities. Ultimately, he decided against it the night of WrestleMania 26.

“After that match, myself and Taker and Michael Hayes were doing what we did the year before too, sitting in a room by ourselves with a shot of Jack Daniels,” Michaels said.

“I told them, ‘You know what? That might be the one to end it all. I don’t think I’m going to do that other thing.’ And Michael said, ‘I agree.’ And so I just sort of decided right there that was going to be it.”

He teamed up with Triple H to beat The Undertaker and Kane in a tag team match at WWE Crown Jewel on November 2, 2018, at King Saud University Stadium in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. This match ended up being the main event of this show.

It marked the first time that Michaels had wrestled a match since 2010.

John
06-16-2020, 09:01 PM
Wrestling "final" matches in different cities is such an outdated notion. I find it bizarre in the modern world of TV and social media that anyone would even consider doing that.