PDA

View Full Version : Booker T Comments On Christian’s RAW Return

Kemo
06-16-2020, 04:19 PM
Last night on WWE RAW, Christian faced Randy Orton in an unsanctioned match. The bout didn’t go long, however. Ric Flair gave Christian a low-blow before Randy Orton delivered a punt and pinned the returning Superstar. Booker T recently addressed Christian’s WWE return on his radio show and YouTube channel.

“You get the bug once you get back in. Once you get a little taste…” Booker said when asked if he thinks Christian’s performance was a one-off.

“It’s something that wants to just pull you back in, something that just wants to draw you back in, make you feel like ‘I can do this.'”

“We all feel that way, we all feel like we got one last run and Christian, I’m going to tell you right now, after just getting in the ring, just making that walk, I can only imagine if there had been 10,000/15,000/20,000 people in the arena, he would have really lost his mind when he got back to the hotel room. He would have had goosebumps looking in the mirror going ‘I think I can still do this.'”

“I don’t think it’s going to be a one-off, I think Christian’s going to come back, I think he’s going to get the bug.”

“I think Christian will be at Extreme Rules in the ring, and the thing is, he’ll have time to get ready for it.”

Booker’s comments can be heard in the player below:

KzR_XPuIEds

John
06-16-2020, 09:04 PM
It's obvious that Christian's return, alongside Big Show and Ric Flair, was done to boost ratings in the post-Heyman era. Whether it works or not, we'll see.. I personally enjoyed seeing familiar faces and was unaware that Christian wasn't cleared to wrestle anymore. I just assumed that he retired quietly many moons ago.

It'll be interesting to see where they go with this. If Christian can, and of course does want to, wrestle again then I imagine a Christian v Orton unsanctioned match (A proper one, this time) could take place at Extreme Rules with Edge/Orton III at Summerslam.