PDA

View Full Version : Shotzi Blackheart Talks About Her Time On The Indies, In-Ring Style

Kemo
06-17-2020, 08:02 PM
NXT Superstar Shotzi Blackheart has been enjoying success within WWE’s black-and-gold brand as of late. Speaking with Sports Illustrated, Blackheart shared her experiences performing on the indies prior to WWE. She also reflected on her in-ring style and what she brings to the ring.

Shotzi Blackheart commented on her time in the indies, admitting she had a lot of time to find herself as a wrestler and performer. It remains something she is thankful for. She believes it gave her a lot of independence and helped her to become a “well-rounded businesswoman.” Shotzi Blackheart confessed her time on the indies was a lot of fun and was even silly at times. One thing it helped show her was how much heart you needed to make it in pro wrestling.

When it comes to her in-ring style, Blackheart compares herself to Evil Knievel. She purposeful wants to channel a “daredevil spirit” and bring that into the ring with her. “That’s how I see my character. I kind of have tunnel vision and I just do it. I try not to think about it. It’s more, ‘This sounds crazy! Let’s go!’”

Shotzi Blackheart is in line for her biggest NXT opportunity to date during tonight’s episode of the show. She teams with Tegan Nox to take on the team of Sasha Banks and Bayley for the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championships.

Q6ajjhuDwYc