PDA

View Full Version : NBC Confirms “Young Rock” Series For Mid-Season Debut

Kemo
06-17-2020, 08:05 PM
Dwayne “the Rock” Johnson will star in and serve as a producer on NBC’s “Young Rock” next year. The network announced its fall schedule recently and noted multiple shows that had been pushed back to midseason/summer next year, one of them being the series focused on the Rock’s early career.

NBC pushed “Young Rock” back to midseason along with other new shows “Kenan” starring “Kenan Thompson” and the Tina Fey’s Mr. Mayor. Former WWE head writer Brian Gerwitz is also set to be involved with the show. The show is expected to premiere next summer.

Young Rock will focus on the Rock’s days before he was in WWE.

Earlier this year, the Rock posted a video to social media talking about what fans can expect from the series.

My formative years, also known as my “Forrest Gump” years were wildly unbelievable, yet incredibly all true. ?????
Ladies & gents, we bring you our exciting new comedy series, “YOUNG ROCK”. @NBC@SevenBucksProd #FierceBabyProductions

— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) January 12, 2020

“We’re going to find the Rock wreaking havoc in the streets of Hawaii getting arrested,” Johnson said in the above video. “We were forced to leave the island and move to all places, Nashville, Tennessee. Those were the years that were very formative and helped shape me. The confluence of wild personalities that came in and out of my life during these times are just fascinating.”

The Rock also serves as an executive producer on NBC’s The Titan Games.