PDA

View Full Version : Drew McIntyre Comments On Potential Match With Edge

Kemo
06-18-2020, 07:17 PM
The Royal Rumble 2020 event saw the start of Drew McIntyre’s journey to becoming the WWE Champion as the Scottish Psychopath won the battle royal at the event and earned the opportunity for a title match at WrestleMania 36.

The same event was also the start of a new road for Edge who made his in-ring return after 9 years of absence from active competition due to his neck injuries.

During a recent interview with Sportskeeda, The current WWE Champion discussed the Rated R Superstar’s return and McIntyre commented on the possibility of facing Edge in the future:

“You know Edge had this amazing career. I was thankful that I traveled the world with him. Learned a lot from him as a kid, but to see him back… of course the wheels started turning.

And I thought to myself, ‘Oh yea, we’re going to have that big match.'” said Drew McIntyre “And I’m absolutely ready for that big match now, you know, physically and mentally.”

During the interview, the former NXT Champion also shared a concern he had in the Royal Rumble mentioning how Edge was returning after such a long time.

So McIntyre was worried that the crowd may turn on him if they realise that Edge was not winning the match. Although thankfully, this didn’t turn out to be the case and fans were as thrilled to see him win the bout as everybody hoped.

Though it will be a while before we can actually hope to see a match between Drew McIntyre and Edge as the latter has suffered a serious injury during his match at Backlash.