PDA

View Full Version : Bret Hart Believes Steve Austin Was “Nervous” Wrestling Him, Austin Responds

Kemo
06-18-2020, 07:20 PM
Bret Hart discussed his legendary rivalry with “Stone Cold” Steve Austin during his appearance on this week’s episode of WWE Backstage. Looking back to their initial matches together, Hart shared how he felt Austin was “nervous” during that time. He added how Austin would eventually “find his voice” following their Survivor Series match back in 1996.

Hart recalled how the two had wrestled a few times prior, but never in a big matchup. He considers their Survivor Series clash to be their “first real consequential match.” He had been looking forward to working with Austin before sharing how, “[…] in all fairness to Steve, he would get a little nervous. He was pretty intense. Anxious — I think — about working with me.”

According to Bret Hart, this anxiety showed itself in how Austin was “going to come at me with everything he had.” He shared how their Survivor Series bout remains one of his favorite matches against Austin. Bret Hart believes it is very close to, if not on par with, their matchup at WrestleMania 13.

The WWE on FOX Twitter account would share a clip of Bret Hart’s comments. It wasn’t long until “The Rattlesnake” saw and responded with his thoughts. According to Austin, he wasn’t nervous. Instead, his confidence was “sky high” and called his intensity on point.

No, not nervous. Just running on the edge of a razor blade. Confidence was sky high. Intensity was on point. Great time working with the best there is, was, and ever will be.

— Steve Austin (@steveaustinBSR) June 17, 2020