PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross On The Reason For WWE’s Falling TV Ratings

Kemo
12-28-2020, 08:16 PM
WWE has been struggling with falling TV ratings throughout this year and legendary commentator Jim Ross believes that the company’s booking decisions are at fault.

The former WWE star recently talked about TV ratings on his Grilling JR podcast, after the December 14 episode of Raw made a new record for the lowest TV rating in the history of the show.

Discussing the problem with the company’s programming, Ross claimed that they don’t have anybody hot because of their 50-50 bookings:

“They don’t have anybody hot, they have nobody that has momentum. Nobody is on the proverbial role. You can’t start, stop, 50-50 booking, I’ll beat you with a small package and then you beat me up; how do you get any [momentum]? ‘He did the job so I have to give him something back,’ what? Bulls–t. Not tonight, not now, it makes no sense.”

“That’s 50-50 booking. You can’t have it both ways.” said Jim Ross, “Do you want the people to be happy or sad? Do you want them angry or do you want them laughing? ‘Well I want them both,’ well then, you’re an idiot! You can’t have that.”

The December 14 episode of Raw averaged only 1.527 million viewers for the night which was a big 12% decline from the previous episode of the show.

This was not only a new all-time low for the total viewership of the show but a new all-time low in viewership for each hour of Raw as well as a new all-time low in the key 18-49 demographic.