PDA

View Full Version : Erick Rowan Shares Touching Tribute To Brodie Lee

Kemo
12-28-2020, 08:19 PM
The wrestling world has been mourning the loss of former WWE and AEW star Brodie Lee ever since the news of his untimely death broke earlier this week.

People who were close to the wrestling star have been remembering him through their tributes and two such emotional tributes have come from his former teammates Bray Wyatt and Erick Rowan.

Bray, who led Lee in his WWE debut as the leader of the Wyatt Family posted a long message on Instagram calling Brodie Lee his best friend and brother.

Erick Rowan also posted a long tribute to the former WWE star where he remembered the time the two spent together on the road.

He shared a story about Lee from their time as a tag team and explained how he was a great family man:

"Heartbroken and numb. Just when I think my eyes have dried, I think of you and begin to cry again. I have lost not only a friend but a brother! I struggled last night with many emotions and memories. Jon meant more to me than he will ever know. I remember clearly all the loops we had during our years on the road together. He would always look forward to getting home to his family. After every loop he would say to me, “Goodbye Forever”, because he would want his 1 or two days with them, to feel like forever. One thing he taught me through his own actions was to be a better father and husband. He was one of a kind in everything he did, great performer, great father, great husband, great friend, and all around amazing human. My heart goes out to everyone who was touched by his greatness. My deepest condolences to his family. Jon this is not, “Goodbye forever, but goodbye for now! I will see you on the otherside my brother. I LOVE YOU!"

Brodie Lee passed away due to some non-COVID related lung issues on December 26 after being off the AEW TV for only a couple of months.

The 41-year-old star lost his TNT championship to Cody Rhodes in a dog collar match during the October 7 episode of Dynamite and it turned out to be his final match as he went on a hiatus soon after.