PDA

View Full Version : Ric Flair Says Triple H Deserves A Huge Retirement Match

Kemo
12-30-2020, 06:04 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair spoke with WWE.com to promote next week’s “Legends Night” edition of WWE Raw. During the interview, Flair spoke about his close longtime friendship with Triple H.

Flair says Triple H exemplifies the world “legend” more than anybody else and deserves a proper retirement match to mark the end of his in-ring career.

“I’m actually hoping to see him have a huge retirement match, if he even elects to retire in the future,” said Flair. “He deserves every bit of it and all the recognition to go with it. … He exemplifies ‘Legend’ more than anybody because he is not only a great performer, he has studied the business, he is a historian. He probably knows more about the business than I do and I’ve been in it 30 years longer than he has.”

Triple H last wrestled at Super Showdown in Saudi Arabia back in June 2019. Earlier this year, WWE celebrated his 25th anniversary with the company.

Flair says that Triple H truly loves the business. After a Hall of Fame career, Triple H is taking all the knowledge he acquired to mentor the next generation of Superstars in NXT.

“He’s accomplished all this through his efforts and he has ascended himself to a place of not just being a great worker, he’s helped to impact the company with the growth of NXT,” said Flair. “He basically lives the kind of schedule we did in the old days. He wouldn’t have it any other way. He won’t miss anything, and he’s always wanting to see the company grow.”

In addition to Ric Flair, other legends announced for the first WWE Raw of 2021 include Hulk Hogan, Kurt Angle, Mark Henry, Torrie Wilson and more.