PDA

View Full Version : Jon Moxley On Vince McMahon’s Reaction To His WrestleMania 31 Spot With Brodie Lee

Kemo
12-30-2020, 06:16 PM
Former AEW Champion Jon Moxley recently had an interview with Sports Illustrated where he shared his memories of the late Brodie Lee.

Mox wrestled Lee many times in WWE when he was still known as Luke Harper and the two then locked horns again after the late star followed his friend’s footsteps and joined AEW.

Talking about the news of his demise, the former WWE champion claimed that it doesn’t feel real and it feels as if he is in a vivid dream:

“It doesn’t feel real,” said Moxley, on Sunday evening. “It feels like I’m in a very vivid dream and I’m waiting to snap out of it. My brain hasn’t accepted it yet. Right now, I’m completely f—— numb.”

The former Dean Ambrose then talked about the many times he wrestled Brodie Lee and he especially recalled the one spot he did with the former TNT champion which even bugged Vince McMahon.

Jon recalled a spot from the WrestleMania 31 ladder match for the Intercontinental Championship and revealed how the boss reacted to it:

“We wanted to make the highlight reel, we figured the only way we could do that was if I nearly killed myself with a death-defying bump. So we devised this spot where he powerbombs me from the ring to the floor through a steel ladder, and that’s f—— sketchy.

It’s an extremely dangerous bump, going backward at a high angle. It was a gnarly bump. Vince [McMahon] bugged out. He thought I was dead, which meant it was a good f—— bump. “

The former WWE star continued by saying that he would have not trusted anybody else with the bump and he maintains the sentiment even to this day.

joiTf9bloxs