PDA

View Full Version : Ric Flair On Who Is The Greatest Worker In The History Of Wrestling

Kemo
01-01-2021, 11:14 PM
‘The Nature Boy’ Ric Flair recently spoke to WWE UK to promote the upcoming Raw Legends Night. During the interview, Flair was asked who he considers to be the greatest worker in the history of the wrestling business and the 16 time world champion took the name of Shawn Michaels:

“It’s not arguable anymore; Shawn is the greatest worker in the history of our business. I think everybody would give that to him. He carried me in my farewell retirement match, no matter how many people want to think I was holding up my end of it, I was trying to get through it.”

Talking about his WWE retirement match at WrestleMania XXIV some more, Ric Flair said that he did not have the self-confidence to rise to the occasion at the time but Shawn made it look like he did:

“At that point in my career I did not have the self-confidence that I needed to have to rise to the occasion and he made it look like I did. I’ve looked back and actually had time the past couple of years to watch some of Shawn’s matches that he had while I was at WCW and Shawn just is a class act.”

The former world champion also praised Ricky Steamboat during the interview and he said that he would put Shawn and Steamboat in a class of their own.

WWE will be celebrating Legends Night on the first Raw of 2021 on January 4 and the show will feature the return of many big names such as Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Mickie James and more.