PDA

View Full Version : Heath Slater Talks Being Offered Post-COVID Firing WWE Contract Worth Half The Value

Kemo
04-14-2021, 10:33 PM
Former WWE Superstar and current IMPACT performer Heath/Heath Slater recently spoke to The Angle Podcast. The One Man Band discussed a number of topics during the interview, including how he was offered a new WWE contract following his firing in April 2020.

Heath was one of the talents released back in April 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic; that was at least the reasoning given publicly by talents who were let go, ‘desperately needed’ budget cuts.

Slater would however return for an episode of Monday Night RAW in July 2020 as part of the Drew McIntyre/Dolph Ziggler angle.

The former Heath Slater noted how Drew McIntyre convinced him to return for the one-off angle in July 2020. “He’s (Drew McIntyre) like ‘man I need you there, I want you there, for me and my storyline and it will help you out too. Imagine if they offer you a contract. Imagine even if you leave after this you’ll be talked about. The eyes will be on you.”

“I talked to my wife about it and she said ‘what do you have to lose? You’re already fired’” Heath continued. “I went down there and they tried to give me a script and I gave it back to them and said I got what I want to say. They asked me to mention the last time I spoke to Drew was on The Bump.”

The former WWE Superstar revealed that following the July 2020 appearance he was in fact offered a deal to return to the company. “They offered me a contract back and it was like half of what I was making,” Heath noted. “I was like no; I need to go and find myself and do other things.”

“I never burned any bridges there, they all know me” Heath added. “I still talk to more than half of the people up there. There’s no hard feelings at all. I told them I said I just want to go and do my thing for a little bit and they didn’t blame me. They got it.”