PDA

View Full Version : Wade Barrett Teases Potential WWE In-Ring Return

Kemo
04-14-2021, 10:38 PM
WWE NXT commentator and former Superstar Wade Barrett recently appeared on the WWE After the Bell podcast with fellow NXT Commentator Vic Joseph. Barrett discussed a number of topics during the interview, including teasing a potential return to in-ring action for the Brit.

After an impressive wrestling career, Barrett reveals he always had sights on being a broadcaster.

“It was always a career goal of mine from way back to be an announcer,” Barrett began on the podcast. “I always thought I’d do it one day after I retired. I was lucky enough in 2008 under the tutelage of Dusty Rhodes, who was one of my mentors for Florida Championship Wrestling.”

“I did the commentary for the FCW TV show, the developmental version of WWE back then” Wade Barrett continued. “I always knew I wanted to be an announcer one day, fortunately this opportunity came up for me at the right time, got a call from Michael Cole, invited me along and it’s been a lot of fun ever since.”

Barrett finished by telling Vic Joseph that there’s a chance he may return to the ring for WWE. He’s enjoying his current role, but he believes he’s still got what it takes to compete with today’s top Superstars.

“Hey, I’m all about the big paydays Mr. Joseph,” Barrett said. “It will not take much to remove me from the seat next to you and get back in the ring. I will say, very much enjoying my job with NXT but I have always made sure there’s at least a little bit left in the tank.”