PDA

View Full Version : Steve Austin Says Vince McMahon Tried To Get Him To Return Several Times

Kemo
04-20-2021, 05:23 PM
Stone Cold Steve Austin is arguably one of the biggest names in wrestling history. The Texas Rattlesnake was the face of the Attitude Ara. His feuds were legendary. His style and personality fit that era of professional wrestling like a favorite pair of gloves.

Yet sadly, his career was cut short by a neck injury after just a few years. To many, the idea of seeing Stone Cold Steve Austin back in a WWE ring is the stuff they dream about. That even extends to WWE CEO Vince McMahon.

Talking on his Broken Skull Sessions podcast, Austin admitted that Vince McMahon was interested in getting him to return

“Vince McMahon tried talking me to coming back a couple times,” he explained to his guest.

Yet, it is precisely his deep-seated love of professional wrestling that keeps him from making a comeback.

“I love it more than anybody else. I can only speak for myself, but I love the damn business and it hurt me so much to leave it.”

“And to me, going back for one match, man, why? What am I proving? What are they going to remember?”

It speaks a lot about the man, who refuses to come back to what he loves because of the risk of tainting the legacy left behind. While there can be no denying that fans would love nothing more than to hear the sound of glass breaking one more time, it seems highly unlikely this will ever happen.