PDA

View Full Version : Konosuke Takeshita Hopes To Work With Kenny Omega Again in AEW

Kemo
04-21-2021, 07:19 PM
Japanese wrestling star Konosuke Takeshita is headed back to Japan after a successful (short) stint working for AEW.

The 25-year-old primarily works for Japan’s DDT promotion. He spent a few weeks in the United States and wrestled at three AEW events. He worked the ‘House Always Wins’ non-televised event during WWE WrestleMania weekend. He also competed on two episodes of AEW Dark: Elevation.

Earlier this week, Takeshita posted on Twitter that he’s returning home, but hopes to return to AEW in the future as DDT Champion. He stated that his next goal is to appear on All Elite Wrestling’s flagship show, AEW Dynamite. He let American wrestling fans know, this is only goodbye ‘for now.’

My @AEW match is the last one that was broadcast earlier.
I must go back to Japan.

But I'd like to come back here as @ddtpro Champion.
My next goal is to fight in Dynamite.

See you soon.
Thank you.#Takethefuture

— Konosuke Takeshita (@Takesoup) April 20, 2021

Konosuke Takeshita teamed up with AEW World Champion Kenny Omega and Michael Nakazawa this past week on Dark: Elevation. They defeated Danny Limelight, Matt and Mike Sydal’s in the main event.

Omega took notice of Takeshita’s message. He replied with condescension. “We sent him home packing but he was a good hand. He fought the good fight for the brothers in the Elite. Maybe we’ll bring him back?”

Takeshita took Omega’s ‘good hand’ jab in stride. He thanked the champion for his support and hinted that they might cross paths again in the future.

Thank you for your support.

I know many fans want to watch us fight each other in the belief that one day it will come true.

— Konosuke Takeshita (@Takesoup) April 20, 2021

You can see Omega, Takeshita & Nakazawa vs. Limelight & the Sydal Brothers in the player embedded below:

qYaONaZCJYM