PDA

View Full Version : Park To Be Renamed In Honor Of Bruno Sammartino

Kemo
04-22-2021, 08:36 PM
Bruno Sammartino lived in Ross Township, Pennsylvania for 58 years. The town has announced plans to rename a park in honor of him. Sangree Park will be officially named “Bruno Sammartino Park.” A new sign will be unveiled at a ceremony tomorrow.

A report on Bruno Sammartino Park from CBS Pittsburgh is below:

zdT5lnuVqEM

The unveiling of the sign commemorating Bruno and the renaming of the park comes just over 3 years after his death. Sammartino died on April 18, 2018 from multiple organ failure due to heart problems. He was 82 at the time of his death.

Sammartino was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2013.

“Being inducted into the Hall of Fame at Madison Square Gardens is the biggest thing in my life,” Sammartino said in an interview with ESPN. “Anytime that people feel that you accomplished enough to enter into a Hall of Fame, of course this is a tremendous, tremendous thrill for me. I had a lot of my success due to appearing at the Garden.”

Following news of Sammartino’s death, Vince McMahon Tweeted that he was one of the finest men he ever knew.

“One of the finest men I knew, in life and in business. Bruno Sammartino proved that hard work can overcome even the most difficult of circumstances. He will be missed,” Vince McMahon Tweeted.