PDA

View Full Version : WWE Fires Longtime Employee Mark Carrano After Ugly Practice Called Out On Social Media

Kemo
04-23-2021, 03:56 PM
WWE has a longstanding practice of sending wrestlers their personal belongings in trash bags after they’ve been fired.

WWE released several Superstars last week in the latest round of budget cuts. One of these Superstars is legendary performer, Mickie James.

James received a care package from WWE this week. Upon opening it up, she saw that her personal belongings were thrown in a garbage bag. She brought this to the attention of WWE boss Vince McMahon, unsure if he’s aware of this ugly policy.

Dear @VinceMcMahon Im not sure if you’re aware, I did receive my @WWE care package today. Thank you. #AlwaysBlessedandGrateful #WomensWrestlingMatters

— Mickie James~Aldis (@MickieJames) April 22, 2021

WWE executives Stephanie McMahon and Triple H reacted to the situation. Stephanie says she embarrassed by WWE’s actions and apologized to Mickie James personally and on behalf of the organization. She noted that ‘the person responsible’ has been fired.

.@MickieJames I am embarrassed you or anyone else would be treated this way. I apologize personally and on behalf of @WWE. The person responsible is no longer with our company.

— Stephanie McMahon (@StephMcMahon) April 23, 2021

Triple H called the treatment disrespectful and reiterated that the person responsible is no longer with WWE.

Upon learning of the disrespectful treatment some of our recently released talent received on behalf of the company, we took immediate action. The person responsible for this inconsiderate action has been fired and is no longer with @WWE.

— Triple H (@TripleH) April 23, 2021

According to multiple sources, longtime WWE employee Mark Carrano, Senior Director of Talent Relations, was fired on Thursday.
More Former Superstars Speak Out

Several former WWE Superstars, coincidentally all women, spoke up on social media and said they experienced the same treatment over a decade ago.

Was the person also fired from 2010? This is not the fault of that one individual. It is a company wide cultural problem. It comes from the top. @peacockTV @wwe

— MariaKanellisBennett (@MariaLKanellis) April 23, 2021

Apparently I blamed the wrong person for my trash bag of ring gear over 10 years ago ?????.. she’s not with the company anymore ????

— Jillian Hall (@Jillianhall1) April 23, 2021

Well I’m glad Hunter took initiative but it’s been happening since before I was there. Is it always the same person? At least they did something I suppose

Well in that case, every girl that worked there for the past ten years plus should get an apology

— Gail Kim-Irvine (@gailkimITSME) April 23, 2021

Gail Kim followed up by giving her personal opinion of Mark Carano. She tweeted, “I know the WWE trolls are going to come for me, but Mark was not a good human being. I don’t think he should necessarily get blamed for this incident but I hope this karma makes him realize and wake up. Be a nice human and maybe things will change for you.”

Smartmark
04-23-2021, 07:15 PM
Good riddance! He F'ed up bigtime!

You don't give the GOAT her belongings in a fucking trash bag!