PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea Green Comments On Her WWE Release

Kemo
04-23-2021, 03:59 PM
Chelsea Green was recently released by WWE as part of the cuts made last week. She recently took part in an interview with Chris Van Vliet and spoke about her reaction to being let go.

“At first I was kind of emotionless and I guess confused. My way of handling that has always been to go into overdrive with what’s next?” Green said. “That’s always the way my brain has worked with everything. So even when I became the IMPACT Champion, literally that night, what’s next? What am I going to do next?”

Green continued to talk about how her fiancé, Impact’s Matt Cardona, helped her that day.

“First of all, he warned me that this was coming. Not necessarily to me, that I was going to get fired. But he did call me and give me a 10-minute gap between the time he told me people are letting go and me getting let go. He gave me that warning then I texted him and said ‘OK, I’ve been released.’ I’m not joking he was home within 30 minutes. My Pro-Wrestling Tees store was up, he’s all go go go! Even harder than I was. I think that’s kind of the same way I felt when he was released.”

Green also talked about characters and stories she pitched while with WWE. It does seem as though Green is interested in returning to her “Hot Mess” persona.

“I can’t tell you how many ideas I came up with. If I think about it, they all led back to The Hot Mess. But with that being said, it wasn’t The Hot Mess like you saw at IMPACT. I tried to pitch a darker, creepier Hot Mess that you could relate to. Not just like the girl at the bar, more so any psychotic person you’ve had in your life. It could be anyone. I was always working on ideas that led me turning into The Hot Mess. It’s what I love, I just want to do character work. I don’t need to wrestle. I’m totally cool with not wrestling, I want to tell a story.”

The full interview with Chelsea Green and Chris Van Vliet is in the player below:

ZWD6fLR3tKA