PDA

View Full Version : The Miz On His WWE Championship Reign Ending In Two Weeks

Kemo
05-15-2021, 09:55 PM
:miz:

The Miz won the WWE championship once again after 10 years earlier this year when he cashed in his Money In The Bank contract on Drew McIntyre at the Elimination Chamber event.

However, his title reign didn’t last for very long and the former champion only held the belt for a couple of weeks before dropping the title to Bobby Lashley during the March 1 episode of Raw.

During his recent interview with Fox Sports, The Miz explained that he didn’t feel bad at the championship being taken off him so soon, The Awesome one says the short title reign was just as meaningful as a longer run.

“I didn’t want to be a one-trick pony,” said The Miz. “I didn’t want to have one title reign, I think as a WWE Superstar you always want to be that guy. No matter how long you have it. Whether it’s a month, a week, a day, an hour, a minute, it doesn’t matter.”

He continued, “If you win the WWE Championship, you are that guy for that particular amount of time” explained the Miz, “And it is your job to showcase the prestige and honor that everyone before you did.”

Apart from this, the former WWE champion also talked about his WrestleMania match with Bad Bunny and how people were not happy with Bad Bunny’s involvement at first.

The Miz explained that after seeing all the negativity online, he had decided to prove people wrong. The negativity was gone when they presented the full story leading up to their WrestleMania match.