PDA

View Full Version : John Cena Recalls Bizarre Firefly Funhouse Match From WrestleMania 36

Kemo
05-15-2021, 10:03 PM
WWE Superstar John Cena recently spoke to Den of Geek. The future WWE Hall of Famer discussed a number of topics during the interview, including the creation of the Firefly Funhouse match.

The Funhouse match of course took place back at WrestleMania 36. The concept was brought together due to the COVID-19 pandemic meaning that 2020’s ‘Mania event had to take place in the WWE Performance Center. The Fiend Bray Wyatt and John Cena took part in the cinematic ‘match,’ showcasing the history of Cena’s career and throwing in some subtle (and some not so subtle) hints to the audience.

“The Funhouse match was something I hold very close to me” John Cena began during the interview. “Maybe that’s another 45-minute interview for another day, because that was kind of thrown in my lap at the last minute.”

“I remember specifically asking what a Firefly Funhouse match was. And the answer was literally, ‘we don’t know’” Cena continued, noting how creative he and Wyatt had to get for the concept to work. “In most performers that would cause panic, but I was just riveted by the open field that we could possibly create something special.”

“And like you said, it took a lot of brave folks and a lot of hard work to make something that hopefully the audience understood” Cena noted. “At least if it reached one, we reached you and that’s good.”

John Cena has not been back on WWE programming since his ‘loss’ during the Firefly Funhouse match, which you can watch in its entirety below:

_bkElHv7EQ4

Smartmark
05-15-2021, 10:09 PM
One of the best matches Cena ever did. Except for his WM match and RAW match against Michaels and that Last Man Standing Match against Umaga, not to mention when he jobbed to JBL :shifty: