View Full Version : Tony Khan Believes That Wrestling Is “Hotter Than Ever”

Kemo
05-18-2021, 07:14 PM
AEW President Tony Khan recently appeared (again) on SiriusXM’s Busted Open Radio. Khan discussed a number of topics during his time on the show, including the general landscape of pro wrestling.

“Wrestling is hotter than ever,” Khan claimed on the podcast, which is a pretty bold claim to make. “This past week, to have three different wrestling shows ranked number one on their night? And to have AEW be a part of it? It’s huge.”

“And it’s a great time for wrestling” Tony Khan added. “I feel like we were all there, part of the peak era of fandom, and now it’s a splintered audience. Things are very fragmented, it’s hard to get as many people to watch something as there used to be.”

“But I believe that, and I see it first hand with the NFL and the great numbers we do, if you deliver a quality, compelling product consistently, people are going to show up and watch it” Tony Khan continued.

“And that’s why we built audience and we’re up year over year. It’s a great time to come and join AEW as a fan” Khan concluded.

Again, it’s interesting for Khan to make such a bold claim when you look at the general lay of the land in pro wrestling 2021. Whilst AEW is doing extremely well in the ratings; compared to the late 90’s and early 2000’s and the Monday Night Wars there’s a gulf in the popularity and mainstream appeal of pro wrestling.