PDA

View Full Version : EC3 Shares Fond Memories of Fighting the Late Brodie Lee

Kemo
05-19-2021, 10:08 PM
Since his departure from WWE, EC3 has been a loud voice for real storytelling in wrestling. Disillusioned with the authoritarian control that lingered above everything during his WWE tenure, EC3 has been vocal about real wrestling.

His upcoming Free the Narrative event which features a match between him, and Matt Cardona is the result of his voice. The fully-independent event has no overarching corporate governance and will be a match about real professional wrestling.

While talking about the event on The Wrestling Inc. Daily, podcast, EC3 also brought up a memory that is equally poignant as it is indicative of the level of frustration felt in WWE right now.

Talking more about this Smackdown dark match with the late Brodie Lee (then Luke Harper), EC3 comments on how they were forced to perform as many different, counterintuitive spots as possible in a reduced time window.
EC3 Shared Fond Memories of the Late Brodie Lee

During the interview, the legacy that Brodie Lee created is clear in the way EC3 talks about the man. It also encapsulates everything that is currently wrong in WWE. Why many of their talents are leaving or accepting their lack of narrative control as the way of modern business.

“Whatever, that’s the business, but Jon was a great man, very fortunate to have worked with him in that sense. I always hold on to that memory. When I got fired, he actually texted me. He said, ‘Hey man, remember when they told us to do all this stuff, and you and Drake did really good at your job and then we all got in trouble?’ And I said, ‘Yep.’ He’s like, ‘Well, hopefully, see you around,’ and I did not get to see him since. That’s unfortunate, but that’s the story.”

EC3 never named his previous employers and asserted that no three-letter companies are going to be involved. The landscape of professional wrestling is changing. Hopefully, for wrestlers and fans alike, it is a change for the better.