PDA

View Full Version : Tony Khan On WarnerMedia Wanting To Add Third Hour To Dynamite, If Rampage Will Be A Secondary Show

Kemo
05-20-2021, 02:19 PM
Tony Khan‘s AEW made a couple of big revelations earlier today including the announcement of a new television show called Rampage and their move to TBS in 2022. The AEW president talked about these big announcements during his appearance on Busted Open Radio and went in length to explain how the new show will fit into their current dynamic.

During the talk, Khan revealed that the warner media officials had shown interest in adding a third hour to Dynamite instead but he insisted on the third-hour being on a separate night:

“I didn’t want to do three hours of Dynamite. They (warnermedia) asked at one point if I wanted to do three hours of Dynamite. It came up about doing a third hour and I said I really believed in doing it on another night.”

Tony Khan also explained how Rampage will be positioned among their current programs. He explained that it will not be a secondary show. He claimed that Rampage would rather be a partner and equivalent of Dynamite:

“I promise you Rampage isn’t going to be a secondary show. Rampage is going to be the partner of Dynamite, the equivalent of Dynamite. We have these two strong franchises in Dynamite and Rampage and they are our weekly core properties. And then we’ll have our peripheral properties (Dark and Elevation).

They’re probably the equivalent of what you’d seen, partially a developmental show, partially a syndicated show.”

Khan said that both Rampage and Dynamite are going to be their core properties in terms of content for the rest of the year and on TBS from next year. AEW Rampage will premiere on TNT on August 13. It will air on 10 pm (Eastern) on Friday, right after the broadcast of WWE‘s premier show SmackDown.