PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Angle On Brock Lesnar’s ‘Money First’ Attitude

Kemo
05-23-2021, 04:27 PM
Kurt Angle has had a storied history with Brock Lesnar. The two stars have challenged each other numerous times in the past and they have had matches in more than one promotion.

The Olympic Gold Medalist talked about the Beast’s early days in the wrestling business during the latest episode of his podcast. He discussed things from Brock’s time in WWE to his controversial NJPW run and more.

Angle discussed Brock Lesnar winning the IWGP world title in his debut match and keeping the belt for over a year. According to him, Lesnar didn’t want to lose the title to just anybody so he told NJPW officials to bring him over:

“He wouldn’t do it with just anybody, so he told New Japan if you bring Kurt Angle over, I’ll do the job for him. They brought me over, he did the job for me and then he wanted to have a rematch so he can make more money.”

Kurt Angle then talked about how Brock Lesnar is a very stern businessman and according to the former Raw general manager, for Brock it’s ‘money first’ and passion second:

“Brock is all about money. He’s a very stern businessman. Everything revolved around money for him. It’s money first, passion second.”

The former TNA star also mentioned how the former universal champion was making a ton of money for his NJPW matches and he was remaining the champion as long as he could.

Brock Lesnar won the IWGP heavyweight championship in his debut match for the promotion in October 2005. Despite his disputes with NJPW, Lesnar kept the title for a while and he dropped it to Angle in June 2007.