PDA

View Full Version : Eric Bischoff Reveals Extent of NWO Creative Control over WCW

Kemo
05-23-2021, 04:37 PM
The subject of the level of control exerted by the NWO during their WCW reign has always been the subject of much speculation. Talking on a recent appearance on the Wrestleslam podcast, Eric Bischoff attempted to put those rumors to bed.

el9C4ltBBv4

Talking openly and honestly, Bischoff admitted that there was a degree of creative control given to the trio, but it was not anywhere near as big of a deal as many make out.

“Hall and Nash didn’t have creative control,” Bischoff said. “To clarify, they did have language in their agreement that gave them meaningful consultation. Meaning they were guaranteed to have a conversation with me and it would have been a meaningful conversation, but a meaningful conversation and creative control or two different things, And they did not have creative control.”

This leaves only one member of the group with any degree of creative control. Hulk Hogan, the leader of the group and an icon of the sport. However, when talking about it, Eric Bischoff revealed exactly how frequently Hogan exerted his clause.

“Hulk Hogan had creative control and he only used it once.” Bischoff said, clearing the air on the subject.

Creative control is a subject of some discussion these days. Especially after leaked rumors of infighting within the executive ranks of AEW.

Eric Bischoff took the time to share his own thoughts on the matter, allaying any fears that people might have.

“But I don’t think the challenge that people are talking about really exists in AEW today.” Bischoff said, before adding "As far as AEW goes, as far as I know, Tony Khan is the one that’s calling the shots,”