PDA

View Full Version : Renee Paquette Talks Negatives of Working for WWE

Kemo
05-24-2021, 08:36 PM
Former WWE Backstage host and interviewer Renee Paquette recently appeared on SiriusXM’s Busted Open Radio. Paquette discussed a number of topics during her time on the broadcast, including the negatives of her time in WWE.

“For me it’s not the wrestling,” Paquette began. “The wrestling side of wrestling I love. It’s the production side of things that can be a kick in the lady d*ck. Just being micromanaged.”

“I don’t like being micromanaged” Renee Paquette added. “I don’t like being under the magnifying glass as much as one is or can be in that world. You think you go through it once and ‘okay, I’m safe!’ and then like, another year later or so its ‘you’re back under the microscope again.’”

Renee also alluded to the ‘one man audience’ idea of WWE, where talent are constantly trying to remain on the ‘good side’ of Vince McMahon and higher ups in general. “Trying to adapt to that and trying to be a people pleaser, while also staying true to yourself, can be a very fine line to walk” Paquette noted. “And it can be very exhausting.”

Paquette of course left WWE shortly after her husband, Jon Moxley. Renee now hosts Oral Sessions and has been extremely successful with her new podcast venture. On top of this, Paquette and Moxley are due to welcome their first child into the world soon, so having the freedom to not keep to a WWE schedule has clearly made a huge difference to Renee’s career.