PDA

View Full Version : Mick Foley And Others React To Tom Phillips’ WWE Release

Kemo
05-28-2021, 01:49 PM
Several wrestling personalities including Mick Foley and others have reacted to the news of WWE broadcaster Tom Phillips getting released by the company.

The WWE Hall Of Famer wrote on Twitter that announcing in the WWE is not an easy job and the released star did it very well. The wrestling veteran also expressed his surprise over the decision.

Former WWE star Aiden English also took on his Twitter. English who now goes by his real name Matt Rehwoldt said that he was grateful to Phillips for taking a chance on him.

The last surprising name to comment on his release was AEW star Dax Harwood who claimed that the former WWE star was the best commentator he had the chance to work with:

I’m surprised to see that WWE let Tom Phillips let go.

I always enjoyed his announcing, and thought his chemistry with his fellow commentators was professional, informative and entertaining. Announcing in @WWE is not easy, and he did it very well.

— Mick Foley (@RealMickFoley) May 27, 2021

I’ll always be grateful for @TomHannifan for taking a chance on me and also offering me a chance to rediscover what a loved about wrestling at a time when I was starting to question it.

What a damn pro who will be doing great stuff going forward I’m sure

— Matt Rehwoldt (@DramaKingMatt) May 27, 2021

For my money, @TomHannifan was the best commentator I had the pleasure of working with. He worked so hard w/ us to get our story across. He put the words to our music. Maybe his biggest “downfall” was he enjoyed calling actual professional wrestling…

I’m sure I’ll see you soon

— Uncle Dax FTR (@DaxFTR) May 27, 2021

After the release of Adnan Virk, many believed that Tom Phillips will be taking over his position on the Raw commentary team but they were left surprised when WWE announced that Jimmy Smith will be filling the spot.

Reports then revealed yesterday that WWE had actually decided to release the former broadcaster quietly and he was no longer with the company.

Tom Phillips joined WWE in 2012 and he worked in various roles during his time in the company including being the lead commentator for shows such as SmackDown, Raw and NXT.