PDA

View Full Version : Natalya Reveals Nixed Plans For Her Before Tag Team Title Win

Kemo
05-28-2021, 01:51 PM
Natalya formed an alliance with Tamina Snuka at the start of this year and their pairing paid off for both the stars in form of their big tag team championship win recently during the May 14 SmackDown.

However, during her recent appearance on the Oral Sessions podcast, the former SmackDown women’s champion revealed that the original plans for her this year were very different.

Natalya talked about her pairing with Tamina during the interview and revealed that she was actually slated for a big program with Sasha Banks before the formation of their tag team:

“I was supposed to go into a big rivalry with Sasha Banks early in the year, and everything changed when Bianca won the Royal Rumble.

I was so excited about wrestling Sasha because I think Sasha is one of the greatest women’s wrestlers in the world, if not the best. And I was just so excited about it.”

After the change of plans, Natalya’s husband Tyson Kidd who works as a backstage producer suggested that she should team up with her current partner.

The former diva’s champion admitted that she was sad at first at her program with Banks getting cancelled but Kidd’s explanation made her excited about teaming with Tamina.