PDA

View Full Version : Paul Wight Reveals Why AEW Commentary Is ‘Less Pressure’ Than WWE

Kemo
05-30-2021, 06:13 PM
AEW Dark: Elevation commentator and former WWE Superstar Paul Wight recently appeared on SiriusXM’s Busted Open Radio. The former Big Show discussed a number of topics during his time on the broadcast, including how working for AEW is a far less pressure filled environment than WWE.

“If you’ve never done wrestling before, you’re not going to have a preconceived idea of what’s right and what’s wrong,” Wight would begin. “And then the guy that is running the entire show has what he wants presented put on air. And hell, the dude’s paying the bills.”

“You can say what you want to, but that’s one of the things that’s a little bit different about Tony is Tony literally gives the talent freedom to sink or swim” Wight would continue, comparing the AEW President to WWE Chairman Vince McMahon. “He (Tony) gives them all the opportunities to get over and to be successful, but there’s no pressure to make a mistake.”

Paul Wight made a mistake on the very first night that he appeared on AEW Dynamite. Wight mentioned that the upcoming AEW PPV event was ‘Evolution,’ when in fact it was ‘Revolution.’ At the time Wight said at the time how he expected to get admonished backstage and it never actually happened, something that definitely would’ve happened backstage in WWE.

“We all make mistakes, it’s how we learn” Wight added. “But being able to make a mistake, recognize the mistake and get over that mistake and move forward is very critical in a younger talent’s career I think. Because sometimes they’ll hold onto something much longer than they should have. Having that freedom like ‘okay I made a mistake. It’s not like I’m going to be taken out back and flogged for making a mistake. It’s a much more creative environment” Paul Wight would conclude.