PDA

View Full Version : Sting Comments On Injury Suffered At Night of Champions 2015

Kemo
05-30-2021, 06:23 PM
Tonight at AEW Double or Nothing, Sting will wrestle in his 2nd official match with the company. It will also be just Sting’s 2nd match since suffering what many thought at the time was a career-ending injury in 2015. Sting recently spoke to SI.com about the injury he suffered at Night of Champions against Seth Rollins and his determination to finish the match.

“I knew something was really, really wrong when my legs would not work,” said Sting. “They just wouldn’t function. They felt like rubber bands, which is when I went on all fours.”

Seth Rollins defeated him that night in Sting’s 4th and final WWE match. Sting continued to discuss how determined he was to finish the match.

“It made me think of when I first started in the business,” he continued. “Eddie Gilbert, who managed Rick Steiner and me and Jim Hellwig, he’d always talk to us about the finish. ‘The finish, the finish, you’ve got to get to the finish.’ That’s stuck with me all these years. So that night I was thinking, ‘I can’t not finish the match.’ I had to finish. I remember thinking, ‘Please God, let me get back on my feet. Don’t let me end my career in a catastrophe.’ I remember my legs coming back to me, and I wanted to finish the match.”

He continued to say that it was the response from the fans that made him keep going.

“The fans knew something wasn’t right,” said Sting. “They started chanting, and they started chanting some more. I’ll always remember the way that made me feel. That made up my mind–I needed to find a way to finish.”