PDA

View Full Version : Xavier Woods On His Favorite Tag Team Of All Time

Kemo
06-02-2021, 03:38 PM
With 11 different reigns with the tag team championship in WWE with his partners at New Day, Xavier Woods has created a legacy for himself as one of the greatest tag team wrestlers of all time.

The UpUpDownDown host recently had an interview with Chris Van Vliet where he talked about a number of things including his gig with G4TV and more.

When asked which his own favorite tag team is, Xavier took an interesting name and he picked a forgotten tag team from the ending days of the Attitude Era:

“I’m bad at picking the greatest, my favorite is Billy and Chuck, mainly because of their matches with the Hardys. It was the first time I noticed that The Hardys are not huge but they could still knock the huge guys down. In my teen head I was like this is how wrestling should be.

This is where you put your ego aside and have this good match.” said Xavier Woods, “I’ve always been a fan of tag team wrestling. But I like groups too. I was into 3 Count in WCW too. I love so many teams for so many reasons.”

The New Day member also told the story of how and why he started playing the trombone on WWE TV, which has since become an iconic trope of his character.

Xavier Woods revealed that WWE actually wanted the trio to sing on TV after a big win. However, Woods asked if he could play the song on trombone instead and the rest is history.