PDA

View Full Version : Rey Mysterio Recalls the Day Dominik Told Him He Wanted to Wrestle

Kemo
06-03-2021, 03:35 PM
Coming from a wrestling family often means the sport is in your blood from a young age. Yet, for Dominik Mysterio, that drive and passion to be in the ring came quite late. Recently, Rey Mysterio sat down for a chat with Ryan Satin’s Out of Character podcast and opened up on Dominik’s decision.

For many parents, the idea that their children want to enter the ring is a moment they dread. They understand the rigors of life on the road and the toll wrestling takes on the body. Not Rey Mysterio, however.

“I think because he asked to be a part of this profession at a very late stage. Out of nowhere, I wasn’t expecting it. He was like, ‘Mom and Dad, I want to talk to you guys. I want to see if I can break into the business. I was like, ‘Whoa.’ I guess because it happened to me and I grew up around this sport. At the age of four or five years old, I was already bumping and jumping in the ring. So, the fact that he started late, I never thought that day would come. I was really excited. I was really pumped when he said he wanted to break and see if he had what it takes.”

Since making his debut, Dominik and Rey Mysterio have gone on to capture the tag team titles. Making them the first father and son team to hold gold in WWE. Dominik is only in the early stages of his career, but already looks set on doing the Mysterio name proud.