PDA

View Full Version : Natalya On How The Locker Room Reacted To Their Tag Team Title Win

Kemo
06-03-2021, 07:42 PM
It was a big moment for both their careers when Natalya and Tamina won the women’s tag team championship and the duo received a fitting ovation backstage after their big win.

The tag champions recently appeared on Renee Paquette‘s Oral Sessions podcast where they opened up about their win during the May 14 episode of SmackDown.

During the talk, Natalya explained how the locker room reacted to their victory. She revealed that Bayley got all the females into gorilla and the ovation they received even surprised Vince McMahon:

“I had no idea that Bayley rallied the troops and got all the girls into Gorilla during our match the night we won the titles. Every girl in the locker room, no matter what role, was there and they were jumping up and down.

TJ said the girls created a fan-like environment in Gorilla when we won the titles where even Vince was like, ‘Holy shit.’ The girls are ride or die.”

This was only the second title win for Tamina in her 11-year long career with the company, after briefly holding the 24/7 title in 2019.

Discussing her long run without having held any women’s title, the second generation star admitted that she had started wondering if she will ever win one:

“Knowing that it was coming up on 11 years and we had the pandemic last year and jobs were on the line, that’s why I kept saying, ‘If I never get a title, I had a great career and have been blessed.’ I still had the drive of, ‘I still want a championship,'”

Apart from this Natalya also revealed the original plans for her before she was paired with Tamina earlier this year.