PDA

View Full Version : “Mongopalooza” Benefit Concert Raises Money For Steve McMichael

Kemo
06-08-2021, 06:28 PM
In April, it was revealed that Steve “Mongo” McMichael is suffering from ALS. Over the weekend, his former teammate Dan Hampton organized a benefit concert for McMichael dubbed “Mongopalooza.”

Mongo was on-hand personally for the event and spoke to media about how touched he was of the efforts.

“It’s a validation of everything I’ve done in my life for people,” McMichael said. “What you do in your life, you get back tenfold. That’s happening right now.”

Ric Flair was in attendance for the event. He also spoke to the media about how the event was a testament to the many people who appreciate the friendship they’ve had with Mongo through the years.

“I think these turnouts like this are an example of the friendship that he afforded everybody else in life,” Flair said. “Great guy.”

QgiPXaLHDsw

The event took place at a restaurant named after the former Chicago Bear great, Mongo McMichael’s located at 1101 N. Independence Blvd in Romeoville.

To help Mongo and his family deal with medical expenses, there is a GoFundMe setup here. You can also purchase Team Mongo shirts and bracelets here.

“It’s a testament to him as a person and the cause itself. ALS is a terrible thing,” said friend Larry Gress.

Footage of the event is below:

Cszzjm-Owlg