PDA

View Full Version : CM Punk: Roman Reigns Is “Far And Away The Best Guy They Have”

Kemo
06-08-2021, 06:29 PM
Roman Reigns‘ current run as the top heel of WWE has helped him win over many haters. It appears that CM Punk is one of the guys impressed by his recent performance. The former WWE star recently appeared on the Wrestling Perspective podcast where he discussed how organic stories produce the best content and storylines.

Punk used Roman Reigns as an example for making his point. He also offered some big praise to the current universal champion in the process. The straight edge star said the storyline with the big dog is one thing the company is doing right before praising the current champion for his character work:

“A lot of the times the best stuff you also just got to go with the flow with it, I’ll use Roman Reigns as an example because if we’re talking about good stuff, If the WWE does anything good, this is the one thing they’re doing right now is Roman Reigns. His character work, his in-ring stuff, it’s all great.”

Punk took a shot at the company claiming that they are always late. He explained that this should have been the original route with Roman Reigns when the officials were trying to get him over. He then continued his praise for the big dog, saying that he is ‘far and away’ the best guy the promotion has:

“Maybe he needed that adversity and that backlash to finally be this guy but this is the one thing they’re doing right, what can you say bad about what Roman Reigns is doing right now? He’s far and away the best guy they have. When you talk about storylines, in-ring work and all that stuff, right now he’s the total package. For the first time in his career, and I’m not being mean to Roman Reigns, I just feel like he’s finally where they pushed him to be, it just took a minute.”

CM Punk left WWE in 2014 and subsequently retired from professional wrestling. He stayed away from the business for the next 5 years, before making a surprise return during a WWE Backstage episode in November 2019. He has been vocal about the company’s policies since then. Punk recently commented on issues such as the latest WWE releases and John Cena’s apology to China.