PDA

View Full Version : Aleister Black On What Paul Heyman Told Him After His WWE Release

Kemo
06-10-2021, 09:24 PM
The WWE release of Aleister Black sparked many interesting reactions online. It appears the reaction from people within the company were not too different.

The former NXT champion recently appeared on Renee Paquette’s Oral Sessions podcast where he talked about a number of things including his time in the black and yellow brand and more.

Discussing one specific reaction to his release, Black revealed that Paul Heyman reached out to him after the news broke out. The mad scientist of wrestling told Aleister that he was five years ahead of the business:

“He reached out to me on the day that it happened. It was very sad; Paul has always said to me, ‘Tom, I think that you’re five years ahead of the business. As brilliant as I think you are, I think that sometimes, that’s your biggest issue.

You’re so far ahead mentally that people have to catch up to it.’” said Aleister Black, “He [also said], ‘I still believe you’re going to do great things.’ I am absolutely far from being done.”

The former WWE star also talked about the current landscape of the wrestling business. He claimed that the business will never be bigger than WWE.

However, Black continued by saying that despite its size, the current landscape of wrestling is not dominated by WWE anymore. He mentioned how there are many companies now that have their own identity.