PDA

View Full Version : Barry Horowitz “Maybe I was too Good” for WWE Hall of Fame

Kemo
06-15-2021, 05:44 PM
The importance of enhancement talent in wrestling should never be underestimated. Much like journeymen in boxing, they play a vital role. Nobody is more aware of this than Barry Horowitz who is possibly the most famous enhancement talent. He believes wrestlers like himself deserve more than just a pat on the back for their efforts.

Barry Horowitz is a thirty-year veteran of the sport. He garnered his own popularity in the mid-’90s that saw him gain attention rarely given a ‘jobber’. Horowitz entered a feud with Bodydona Skip which saw the pair square off multiple times, culminating with a PPV match.

Talking in a recent episode of The Wrestling Inc. Daily with Nick Hausman Barry Horowitz was asked about the WWE Hall of Fame. Hausman asked Horowitz if he could see himself being inducted at some point down the road.

“That hall of fame is all in Vince’s mind,” Horowitz pointed out. “It’s nice to be there, but when you got Kid Rock and Bob Uecker, I mean, in the NFL Hall of Fame, I see nothing but football players. I understand it’s two different venues, two different avenues, two different sports, but you’re telling me of all cockamamie things they’ve come up with in the last five years on RAW, you can’t have, for one year, the people would go insane. I put my house on it, have an enhancement hall of fame or just one enhancement guy every year.”

Talking further about the Hall of Fame, Horowitz was quick to say he had no beef with WWE. However, he echoed Jim Cornette’s view on the issue. “Maybe I was too good. I worked too hard, and I never failed the drug test.”

As their conversation continued, Barry Horowitz talked passionately about the lack of understanding surrounding what it really means to be an enhancement talent. His passion for wrestling was clear, and many of the statements he made should be given very careful consideration.

Barry Horowitz held multiple championships during his career. However, he never managed to win one during his time with WWF/E or WCW.