PDA

View Full Version : Scott Hall Gives Backstage Details Of The Day He Invaded Nitro

Kemo
06-15-2021, 05:48 PM
It has been more than 25 years since Scott Hall invaded WCW Nitro on May 27th, 1996. Nitro had just expanded to 2-hours and the show emanated from the Macon Coliseum in Macon, Georgia. Hall was a guest recently on Eric Bischoff‘s 83 Weeks podcast and the two spoke about what happened backstage before the show.

According to Hall and Bischoff, Hall didn’t know anything about what he would be doing in the company until he met up with Bischoff earlier that day.

“I remember we hadn’t spoke until that time,” Hall said to Bischoff. “I remember we were driving to Macon, weren’t we E? Yeah, we were going to Macon and we were just kicking around some ideas. My last appearance had been the famous curtain call in Madison Square Garden so I’m really happy. My previous experience at WCW hadn’t been too satisfying but I was in a different spot now. Turner was giving out that guaranteed money and WWE wasn’t at that time. A lot of things changed that night at the Garden. When I left, when Kevin left, everyone started getting guaranteed money. Now, they have these 90-day can’t compete clauses, none of that was going on back in those days.”

Hall continued to detail what happened that day on May 27th, 1996.

“We hadn’t spoken at all at that time, everything was just business, it went through Barry Bloom, and we hadn’t talked creative at all,” Hall said after Bischoff pointed out the two had not spoken about creative plans before his debut.

Hall continued to say that there was talk that he would come out of the entrance way and possibly with music. It was then Larry Zbyszko who suggested that Hall come out through the crowd.

Hall came out during a match featuring Mike Enos vs Steve Dunn. Neither were informed ahead of time about what would happen.

“I remember Enos looking at me like ‘what are you doing, man?’ I think that was the start of it being kind of real,” Hall continued.